With THE HEALTHY ITALIAN it has never been easier to enjoy a nutritious, mouth-watering meal with family. From scrumptious pastas to fast frittatas to even decadent desserts, savor 150 authentic recipes just like Nonna used to make – only better for you! Here’s just a taste of recipes inside these pages:
* Mom’s Lasagna (Lasagne della Mamma)
* Sicilian Pizza (Pizza alla Siciliana)
* Italian-Style Meatloaf (Polpettone Italiano)
* Rice Balls (Arancini)
* Eggplant Parmigiana with Quinoa (Melanzane alla Parmigiana con Quinoa)
* Light Raspberry Tiramisu (Tiramisù Light ai Lamponi)
* Chocolate-Pear Torte (Torta di Cioccolato e Pere)
THE HEALTHY ITALIAN is also packed with tips, make-ahead options, nutrition information, full-page photography and many surprises. Some of the highlights include:
* Your favorite Italian dishes made healthy without compromising taste;
* Recipes with good-for-you ingredients, such as whole grains, fresh vegetables, better fats, lean meats, lower-sodium broths and lower-glycemic options;
* Vibrant, engaging pages that feature color photography for every recipe;
* Attractive icons to give the home cook instant information on preparation, including labels like gluten-free, meatless, make ahead, 30 minutes or less;
* A Healthy Italian Pantry section that helps you stock the essential staples for easy, healthy meal preparation;
* Photo essays that celebrate the Italian heritage and inspire you to enjoy meals with the people that matter the most to you; and
* Personal, heartwarming stories about the author’s connection to food and family.
THE HEALTHY ITALIAN is a must-have resource for home cooks who are passionate about good food and nutritious eating.
AVAILABLE ONLINE AT:
Here’s what they’re saying about The Healthy Italian:
If you thought the words “healthy” and “Italian food” could never be spoken in the same (garlic) breath, you’re SO in for a treat! Fina’s scrumptious, colorful and good-for-you creations are a feast for your eyes and taste buds. Chow…bella!
— JANET PODLESKI, bestselling co-author of The Looneyspoons Collection and Eat, Shrink & Be Merry!
The Healthy Italian cookbook ties in two of my favorite things – delicious-tasting food and good health! I highly recommend this book!
— DR. JOEY SHULMAN, bestselling author and media nutritional expert
Filled with reader-friendly icons and fresh ideas, The Healthy Italian reframes a robust cuisine in terms of nutrition without ever compromising authenticity.
— BONNY REICHERT, chef, food writer and Globe and Mail columnist
Fina makes these recipes easy enough for anyone to reproduce with great pleasure and impressive results. The footnotes in every recipe are a welcome addition and the introductory stories are heartwarming and inspirational.
— MASSIMO CAPRA, bestselling cookbook author, TV host and executive chef and co-owner of Mistura Restaurant and Sopra Upper Lounge in Toronto
The pages of The Healthy Italian are destined to be stained with tomato sauce as it becomes a favorite in kitchens across the country. This cookbook is family-friendly, approachable and full of delicious recipes, which just happen to be healthy!
— EMMA WAVERMAN, writer and co-author of the family cookbook Whining and Dining
I LOVE this wonderful cookbook! The recipes are total crowd-pleasers and always turn out perfectly! Who knew that eating healthfully and Italian could be sooo good?
— NIK MANOJLOVICH, TV host of Savoir Faire
I LOVE the gluten-free options, as I service a large database of clients who are either gluten-intolerant or celiac. The full-page photos are GREAT! My favourite feature of the book, however, has less to do with the actual recipes than with the little caption/story that precedes each one. I think that is so very important, especially in this day and age where so many families rely on processed ingredients or entire (processed) dishes. You have really brought the family back to the kitchen and to the food prep area with this style.
— IRENE SWEDAK, Registered Holistic Nutritionist & mother of three
I love your book..I have tried 5 recipes this week alone! They were all hits with my family!
– MARILENA, mother of two
If you haven’t tasted these recipes, you haven’t lived.
— DANIEL, Fina’s 10-year-old son (I didn’t tell him to say that, promise!)
Everything I have made from this book looked as it should, tasted GREAT, and I have repeat requests from family. I highly recommend this book! Our faves to date: the eggplant caponata, stuffed mushrooms, pasta puttanesca, chicken cacciatore, sausages with rapini…we are (slowly) working our way through it. It is excellent. I particularly like the gluten-free options. Our 15-yr-old son is a Type 1 diabetic so the carb amounts are crucial and he is also on a lactose- and gluten-free (if possible) diet – oh my! Your recipes are excellent! Thank you!
Being married to a Northern Italian I could never perfect béchamel sauce, but with your recipe, I’m happy to say “I DID IT!” My son confirmed it is just like Nonna’s! Thanks again for sharing the cookbook with the rest of the world.